Cognita is a world leading international schools group, currently encompassing fifty-five schools across the UK, Europe, Latin America and South-East Asia. We employ some 3,500 teaching and support staff in the care and education of around 19,000 pupils.
Since our launch in 2004, we have successfully built a network of outstanding schools where no two are the same; each Cognita school retains its own unique ethos and offers a curriculum and range of services tailored to meet the needs of local parents. Wherever you visit a Cognita school, be that in Brazil, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, Vietnam or the United Kingdom, you will find empowered school leaders, committed teachers and pupils who are enthusiastic learners.
Cognita schools offer a wide range of curricula that cover internationally recognised programmes, such as the International Baccalaureate, as well as national curricula, such as English, American, Australian, Spanish and Brazilian.
Our international schools offer outstanding bilingual and in some cases, trilingual programmes, combining classroom teaching for both languages and other subjects. In many cases, these are combined with full immersion programmes that enrich pupils’ learning experiences, whilst embedding a firm knowledge of different languages and cultures.
We are proud of the achievements of Cognita schools and the pupils in their care. The high levels of attainment in public examinations such as GCSE, A Level, the International Baccalaureate and ATAR, reflect the commitment of our pupils and their teachers. The high ratings achieved by Cognita schools through independent inspection and accreditation, reflect our commitment to high standards in all aspects of teaching, care and school management.
What to expect from a Cognita school:
- We promote and preserve the unique character and identity of each school
- We foster best practice in every aspect of our schools' provision
- We support and monitor teacher performance, investing in regular and appropriate staff training and development
- We strive to challenge all children to realise their full potential in all fields of endeavour
- We encourage open and effective communication between our schools and our parents
- We seek to engage and work with our parents at every available opportunity